That's great hari, thanks for the links!

________________________________

From: javaposse@googlegroups.com [mailto:javapo...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of hari jayaram
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:25 AM
To: javaposse@googlegroups.com
Subject: [The Java Posse] Jared diamond book-

Hi , I listen to the podcast regularly since I use java  in my
structural biology research.

I heard you guys talking about Jared diamonds book Guns germs and Steel
and I am taking the liberty of sending along a link to an  amazing talk
that Jared Diamond gave at the seminars for the longnow foundation.

The talk is based on his book collapse and is one of the best talks in
the series . Also the entire series has many such gems
(http://www.longnow.org/projects/seminars/) .

You can find the talk video on google
(http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4271982381147720351) and also
an mp3 at the longnow page
(http://blog.longnow.org/2005/07/18/jared-diamond-how-societies-fail-and
-sometimes-succeed/ ) and mp3 (
http://media.longnow.org/seminars/salt-0200507-diamond/salt-0200507-diam
ond.mp3).

Thanks for a great podcast and hope this doesnt go against the posting
policies for this group

hari