Although, as you say, they're both geared towards artists and
designers and live on the Java platform, JavaFX and Processing are
pretty different as far as I can tell (having spent significantly more
time in Processing than in JavaFX). Processing allows you to easily
create and process media data, whereas JavaFX allows you to design
within the language, something that's difficult or impossible in
Processing.

While I have wanted (ever since JavaFX came out) to use JavaFX
front-ends with Processing programs, I think that the two technologies
are fundamentally different in their direction, which is why we have
both.

What kinds of changes do you think could be made to Processing to make
it fit the same niche that JvaFX currently occupies (or vice versa)?

- DAemon