+1

skype me in on that one.  I could go on for hours.  About how I am
fundamentally positive about my career and how I couldn't imagine
doing anything else.  I'm paid well to sit in a corner and play with
my computer.  Yet I also get to interact with other intelligent
people.  Skills are internationally transferable.  And the field has
been growing at such an enormous rate.  Our systems and methodologies
are far from being automated enough to put development and support
people out of work for a long time.  Not until someone builds Deap
Thought.  And our industry touches pretty much every other.  So
there's always room for niche skills.

I think investment banking is field that will see some contraction.
Security is expanding.