Primarily aesthetic reasons, particularly when looking at stack traces.
Somehow the idea of creating all that litter doesn't agree with me,
either -- but as I said: it's not big enough an issue.

Another annoyance: IDEs complain about lack of serialVersionUID easily
in those cases.

A real problem: the behaviour of equals() can be surprising since each
instance initialized that way will use a different type, which means
that with correct equals() implementations none will be equal to each
other, independent of the content.

  Peter