On 6 Apr., 11:57, Viktor Klang <viktor.kl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Tim Büthe <timbue...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On 6 Apr., 09:43, Viktor Klang <viktor.kl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > That one gave me the chills...
> > > Am I weird to want to understand stuff _before_ I use them?
>
> > jep, you totally crazy. You have to do it like this:
> > Read one or two random chapters of a book on programming, no matter
> > what language it is. Everybody knows, they are all quiet the same, if
> > you know one that's enough. Then get a decent IDE, nobody uses the
> > command line nowadays so don't even try to find the compiler, eclipse
> > will handle that for you. Then, start typing what looks right to you
> > and when you done, use quick-fix to make the compiler happy. When you
> > finished, deliver. If you got errors in it someone will tell you.
> > Everything else would be premature optimization and that's a bad
> > thing, as everybody knows.
>
> And companies pay these people?

The above text, about how to code, was a certainly joke, but now I'm
serious:
Sure companies pay people like this, because the managers decide
things and don't know nothing about programming. And the good people,
who could tell them all what's wrong and how to change things, don't
want to work in those companies. That's the reason why very big
companies, like IBM, deliver shitty programs e.g. the DB2 control
center. Ever used this? It a pain in the ***.