I agree that there is a hefty product overlap.  The only thing that we can
bank on is that Oracle will go forward with all of the products that we know
and love from Sun (Netbeans, Glassfish, etc) as they have been known to do
in past acquisitions.  If you look at the Oracle BEA acquisition, they have
held true to the BEA product line and continued it's development.  They
actually lean more towards using WebLogic for future plans as opposed to the
Oracle Application Server.  Let's hope that Oracle just plans to add all of
the Sun product line to theirs and does not deprecate any of it...

Josh Juneau
juneau...@gmail.com
http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com
http://www.gathereventplanning.com