On Jun 9, 11:54 am, Moandji Ezana <mwa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any Belgian listeners that would be interested in regular coding
> get-togethers? Is this already happening and I've not been invited?
>
> Finally, has anyone done something similar and have feedback/advice/etc.?

Hi fellow BeJUG member!

A few BeJUG members and I have been playing with the same idea for a
while now.

To get things started we were thinking of organizing something like a
code camp, at least an entire day (or even better a weekend) so we can
get to know eachother.

I'm guestimating we need about 15 to 20 people for a successful
(first) event.

The agenda: lightning talks, unconference and code sessions, at least
the focus should be on knowledge sharing.

I do believe we need a few people with strong backgrounds in key
technologies to drive the event, at least in the beginning...

If it works out then we could talk about organizing this on a regular
basis... as I have no clue what kind of effort is involved in
organizing these type of events.

All I know right now is that we'll certainly keep in touch through the
BeJUG mailing list when we find the right 'driving' people, location
and a Jupiler sponsor ;-)

Ideas or remarks are welcome!

Regards,

jo