Hi All,

I am looking at starting a new project to replace my Mum's (non-
profit) static web site (http://www.chihuahuarescuevictoria.org) with
a java based web-app, probably on Google App Engine. But I haven't
figured everything out yet and wanted to get some ideas. Here are the
basic requirements (functional and other).

- Non profit, so I don't have cash to pay for hosting (hence Google
App Engine).
- I wouldn't mind trying something new. GWT? Java FX?
- The main goal is to allow Mum to add/edit articles (including
images) by herself without touching HTML. She uses Blogger OK, so I
would like an authoring component has that level of functionality.
- I want some form of data store to record and use meta data about the
articles, like tags etc.

I believe Google App Engine supports DB access. What about writing to
the file system (maybe gaevfs) and Java FX?

Does Java FX or GWT give me any advantage for creating/providing the
authoring component? Maybe like FCKEditor but with images...

Thanks for any advice!

Rob
:)