As Tor indicated, every single employee at Sun is potentially on the
chopping block.  Whether Oracle's deal continues unobstructed by the
department of justice, or Sun continues on its own, nearly everyone is
unsure as to where Sun is headed.   As Josh indicated, the great thing about
Open Source is that the JRuby guys will continue to work on JRuby; nothing
has changed in that regard.   This move simply allows that group to have a
steady paycheck and concentrate on what they love instead of being worried
about whether they have a job tomorrow.  They got an offer, and they all
"moved" together to the new job to continue on.   Honestly, I would have
done the same as well.

--Ryan