If you look at Dick's post, you will see that nothing is really set in
stone.  They are looking to shake things up a little bit more and see if
they get better or worse results.  He mentions that they could end up
alternating a winter/summer conference through the years.

In attending the last roundup with the Posse, I can attest that they care
very deeply for those that show up.   They were very concerned about trying
to let as many people come and join as they could without destroying the
conference.  This is why there is a 70 person limit; the conference would
start to break down after so many people were in attendance.

--Ryan