Well actually, Stephen Colebourne has made is real easy to hack on the
Java compiler - especially small hacks strictly at the parser level,
which we're talking about here. If you want to try it check out a
branch of Kijaro, locate the Check.java class and the methods matching
the signatures:

boolean isUnchecked(ClassSymbol exc)
boolean isUnchecked(Type exc)

Short circuit these by always returning true and... voila, no more
checked exceptions.

/Casper