I've been a long term user of Apache Commons VFS which supports WebDAV, Zip,
FTP, SFTP and other file systems.  It also has support for nested file
systems which allows a user to refer to a file within a zip file like this:
"tar:gz:http://anyhost/dir/mytar.tar.gz!/mytar.tar!/path/in/tar/README.txt";

I was wondering if anyone had played with the NIO2 file system capabilities
in Java 7 yet?  As I understand it, the original goal of the project was to
provide better file system support and a way to plugin new file systems.
Was that goal ever achieved?  If so, what file systems will be supported in
Java 7?  Will nested file systems be supported?

Regards,

--
Mark Fortner

blog: http://feeds.feedburner.com/jroller/ideafactory