On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Alex Turner <arm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> JSP may not be the slickest templating system, but it's easy and gets the
> job done.

The problem I always found with JSP was that there was no way to get it to
escape HTML by default (unless I tell it otherwise).  This means I have to
say <c:out value="foo" /> for every single variable.  If I forget — boom,
instant cross-site-scripting hole.

It's quite likely that I've simply missed some configuration setting, but I
didn't see it when I hunted for it.

In the Perl world, I used HTML::Mason, which worked well and offered this
feature.

-Dom