> I use it, and yes it's pretty good.  I also find it useful for
> creating matchers in general, e.g., for matching mock arguments.
>
> (One pet peeve is inconsistent placement of the Iterable in the
> params, e.g., filter(Matcher,Iterable) vs. sum(Iterable,Object).  It
> would be easier if the Iterable was always first, but this isn't a big
> deal.)

I am Mario Fusco and I am the main developer of the lambdaj project.
First of all, thank you for your interest in lambdaj.
If you are interested in the project I just opened a google group
about it.

http://groups.google.com/group/lambdaj

As for the inconsistent placement of the Iterable in the method's
params list, the filter() method is the only one that does not have it
in the first position. Actually it is just an alias of the select()
method that has the Iterable in the first position as you expect.
Indeed if you look at the source code it is just implemented as it
follows:

public static List filter(Matcher m, Iterable i) {
    return select(i, m);
}

I put it there because it resembles the filter method available in
python so I supposed that somebody could feel comfortable with it. But
I am realizing it introduces an useless duplication so I believe I
will deprecate it in the next release.

Bye
Mario