Yes, sorry about the maintenance, we upgraded the demo to 2.1.2 which should
be out soon (with Ivy support :)
Should be OK now.

For the plugin the main advantages are like Brian said:
- JavaFX compilation (allowing mix of Java and JavaFX files in the same
project)
- Keeping Maven repository layout for JNLP dependencies to avoid re-signing
identical jars
- Deploy and Run directly against an Artifactory instance and so no local
signing needed (You can test it with Artifactory Online no questions asked)
- The basic JNLP templates get you started but you can override them

About Carl mainClass our plugin is finding it by name or jar and assigning
it correctly depending on the kind of JNLP files: Standard Web Start, JavaFX
Applet.

Anyway, if you have problems or ideas,
please leave some feedback on our JIRA:
http://issues.jfrog.org/jira/browse/JFXMP