Funnily enough, that question has also been raised on the wave I
started for the project;
it's public, see here:
https://wave.google.com/wave/?pli=1#restored:wave:googlewave.com!w%252Ba3G_NBOLC

I guess that this is slightly a scala thing, I went for a verb instead
of a noun as this feels more natural to me when working in a
functional style.

My other choices were @with and @compose.  @with had to be ruled out
as this clashes with a reserved keyword and @compose lost as @proxy is
shorter (being concise was important to me)

Also in my mind was that the synthesized methods are the delegates,
not the object being proxied.