As part of the moving out of Kenai, I've been able to publish the artifacts of one of my projects to the free repos provided by SonaType.

The workflow they support includes a staging repo: when you publish a release, artifacts get into a temporary repo; you then log in their Nexus instance, review it, eventually test and then promote it to the release area (I'm referring to the case where you don't sync to the Central Repo).

This is different than what I used to do, as I prepared some Hudson jobs to release as "fire and forget" (i.e. push that green button and do other things, when Hudson has finished the artifacts are ready to be used on a public repo).

At first sight, I'd like to keep this fire-and-forget approach, but I'd like to take the opportunity of the SonaType repo features to try something different. Indeed, the idea of testing the remotely deployed staging repo before promoting it attracts me. But, because of my needs, any kind of test I could do must be doable by Hudson. I'd like to know what other people do. And whether it's worth while.

Thanks.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."