Hi all:

I have a doubt about the JLS(Java Language Sepcification) Chapter 17 of the
content.

In the second edition of JLS have such a description: "Each thread has a
working memory, in which it may keep copies of the values of variables from
the main memory that is shared between all threads. To access a shared
variable, a thread usually first obtains a lock and flushes its working
memory. This guarantees that shared values will thereafter be loaded from
the shared main memory to the threads working memory. When a thread unlocks
a lock it guarantees the values it holds in its working memory will be
written back to the main memory.", see
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/second_edition/html/memory.doc.html #
30206.

But in the third edition of the JLS does not include a similar description,
see http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/memory.html

I would like to ask is why? Is what changes have taken place in it?

Thank you very much!

--
d0ngd0ng