First of all, congratulations with your Droid/Milestone. Secondly, no
you are doing nothing wrong.

What you can see on the marked, depends on the APN settings as well as
the gsm.sim.operator.numeric system property. This is apparently done
so that each carrier can customize the marked. I never had the problem
you describe with any of my devices, however a colleague of mine had a
similar issue when he got his Milestone. What happens is probably that
it needs to, at least once, get on the marked with a SIM inserted so
that it can cache "which network it is on". So my guess is that if you
continue to fiddle a bit with it, it will eventually work.

If it is rooted, it may also help to simply install "MarkedEnabler"
which allows you to fake the GSM network you are on. This is how I and
many others, currently access paid applications since Google is
proving tremendously slow at opening this up to the world. The Marked
is the most flaky part of Android at the moment, as proven by this
petition from today:
http://www.androidspin.com/2010/03/08/petition-to-improve-the-android-market-sign-it-today/

/Casper

On Mar 8, 10:17 pm, Fabrizio Giudici <fabrizio.giud...@tidalwave.it>