Personally, I can't wait for SQL/J to come back and get the respect it
deserved -- it was AWESOME.

public void showEmployeeWithJob(String vJob, Java.sql.Timestamp vDate) {

   String vName; int vSalary;

   #sql { SELECT Ename, Sal
          INTO :vName, :vSalary
          FROM Emp
          WHERE Job = :vJob and HireDate = :vDate };

   System.out.println(vName + " has the job of " + vJob + " with a
Salary of " + vSalary);

}

Cheers

Kerry

PS: Sample stolen from the internet -- no idea why all variables are
prefixed with "v"!

PPS: I'm kidding about the AWESOMEness