On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 20:14, Reinier Zwitserloot <reini...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have absolutely no clue what you're on about, Martin.

Thanks to Dan and Fabrizio I got the point - of course in most cases
it needs editing anyway.

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 17:51, Fabrizio Giudici
<fabrizio.giud...@tidalwave.it> wrote:
> On 6/27/10 10:06 , Dan Godfrey wrote:
>> Obviously you need to fix the handling, but if (as is inevitable)
>> someone forgets, you're much better off with the first form than the
>> second.
> +1 - pretty much as IDEs do when implementing abstract methods with
> throw new UnsupportedOperationException("You have to implement this").

Thanks - no I think I got the point.

That said, the logging default is a good default for me in many cases
- I usually do first log and then do other stuff in the handler. So
the logging line for me is mostly not a subject to change (apart from
the message parameter). But according to the many different coding
styles, best practices in different sized projects and so on I do see
that one default that fits everywhere is unrealistic.

I still would like to know where the code that is used for
autocompletion can be found. So everybody can configure it to the most
used variant. Anybody who knows?

--
Martin Wildam