Meh, its just an example of the 'if we asked the user for permission,
then its not our fault if it goes wrong' mentality that's I considered
Windows UAC to be the king of.

The Android open store thing worries me, if a company is selling
something in their store they have a responsibility to ensure it
doesn't kill me/is fit for purpose.  The ACCC (in Australia) is 100%
certain on that fact, so as far as I'm concerned the theory should be,
if Google (or Apple) sells it, it's safe.

And they should factor the cost of ensuring that into their app store
pricing.