Yup, it looks wrong. But it would look even more wrong, if anything,
with only spaces; you CANNOT line stuff out in a non-monospaced font,
period. Except with tabs, but if you do that, you're dependent on tab
stops, which is a big nono. Which brings us back to: It is not
possible to line stuff out unless you have a monospaced font. Period.
Personally I never line stuff out, but I can see why some folks do. At
any rate, it's as much an argument against spaces only as proper tabs.