Right :)

Unlike the original Java, it's open source - so if anyone wanted to add
features to scalac, they'd be more likely to fork it than to start from
scratch working against the spec.
Even that is highly unlikely because:

   1. scalac has a plugin mechanism for extending/changing functionality
   2. Scala offers some quite nice techniques for you to add functionality
   via libraries, without requiring dedicated compiler support.
   Just take a look at actors (http://www.scala-lang.org/node/242)
   or ScalaTest(http://www.scalatest.org/quick_start),
   that's all library...

On 4 August 2010 18:16, Fabrizio Giudici <fabrizio.giud...@tidalwave.it>wrote: