Now that Oracle has unleashed against Google over use of Java language
on the Android platform, this warrants a bold move on Google's part:

Switch to its own Go language as the flagship programming language for
the Android platform. Dump Java.

Apple has done this kind of maneuver routinely and successfully
brought its mass of developers along - no doubt Google could pull off
such a transition too.

Instead of using the existing native code ARM compiler for Go, am
thinking more in terms of a new compiler that targets the Dalvik VM.

In a way, I don't think developers would complain that much given
majority of developers appreciate having a platform that is
unencumbered with licensing requirements to proprietary patents and
trademarks. Even if Google gets licensed up with Oracle for use of
Java, it'd still be wise to deprecate Java on Android and switch to a
new flagship programming language that has modern features such as
garbage collected memory. I think Go language is the most logical
choice for Google to consider switching to.