On Sep 15, 7:09 pm, Steven Herod <steven.he...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you see a 'time in the industry' difference between the Ruby
> purists and the Java purists?
>
> I have a stereotype of main stream Ruby developers being cocking young
> things in cool t-shirts who think they've discovered the secret sauce
> of the universe (and think they know better).
>
> (Yes, sweeping generalization.... don't hang me)

That's certainly not an uncommon impression. That cockiness has helped
Rubyists approach a lot of problems with a fresh eye, but of course it
has made them seem pretty aloof to many other developer communities.

It's hard living in the middle and trying to get Ruby and Java people
to get along :)

- Charlie