Well, mostly lose. Some were thrown out. The suit itself involved
patents regarding Cover Flow and the Time Machine 'tunnel through
time' view, i.e.: This:
http://blog.cnsqonline.com/wp-content/gallery/blogpost-images/cover-flow.jpg
and This: http://www.winsupersite.com/images/showcase/leopard_17.jpg

writeup is here: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=11998

Mirror Worlds was awarded a payday of $200 million. No idea if the
patent has now run out (which would mean paying that is the end of
it), or if the patent is still within term, in which case I assume
apple must now also either license it, or immediately update all macs
and iOS devices to disable the functionality.

I can see how the UI idea behind cover flow / time zoom are somewhat
novel, even, but I very much doubt Apple stole this idea from Mirror
Worlds. Perhaps Steve Jobs will now also realize that patents do more
harm than good.

Mirror Worlds, LLC filed in East Texas for this one, so the result is
perhaps somewhat expected. I believe Apple can and probably will
appeal.