Watch the FUD there. First of all, even if it has been a while since
I've used VS, I know they support at least C++, C#, VB and F#... and
even accounting for off-by-one errors, that's more than 2. Secondly, I
need only one finger to count the number of languages Sun/Oracle
supports (and you can argue how well the one is being kept alive)!

After 6 years, Microsoft likely did not see a business perspective in
pumping more $ into the languages, but they did develop a DLR to sit
on top of the CLR for dynamic languages (something sorely lacking for
the JVM). JB Evain, Michael Foord, Jeff Hardy, Jimmy Schementi and
Miguel de Icaza is taking over the coordination of the Iron*
languages, much like EngineYard is driving JRuby on the JVM, Odersky
is driving Scala, the Frank brothers Fantom etc.