On Nov 30, 12:55 pm, Russel Winder <rus...@russel.org.uk> wrote:
> Microsoft may have been the Evil Empire in the past, but compare to what
> Apple are doing these days, Microsoft look like soft cutesy kittens.

In the mobile world, you can just chose between the "tyrants" you want
to succumb to: Is it Apple who decides which apps you can run (but
leaves the web wide open)?  Is it Google that wants to mine all your
web searches, emails, calls, text messages, trips, documents, pictures
and videos to present you "relevant advertisement" (you know you
really want that, don't you?) - teamed up with a phone manufacturer
and a carrier who decide what user interface, features, firmware
updates and crapware you get?  Is it Microsoft, the underdog, that
tries to combine the best (or is it the worst?) from Apple and
Google?  Or is it Blackberry or Symbian that don't think you need good
apps (maybe just because they don't have them)?  I personally chose
Apple, knowing what I would get into.