Hi Paul, thanks for sharing but the article is mostly garbage.

I actually think Google has done a great job in the usability
department for apps like Google Maps, Gmail and Chrome*.

This idea that only Apple can do good UX is quite honestly nonsense,
just look at iTunes and Quicktime on Windows, or the often
unpredictable behavior of watching trailers on apple.com/trailers (You
click on a movie, maybe you get it, maybe you don't. I want to watch
it in 1080p, they can't stream, have to download, etc).

* My main complaint against Chrome is the non-obvious way it saves
bookmarks (start image on address bar) but more importantly I really
dislike the close tab on middle mouse click "feature).