There is maybe one sentence of this article that I agree with:

"Java EE is no longer the future of enterprise Java."

Correct, Java EE is the present of enterprise Java.

Seriously, Java EE is everywhere. Obviously, not 100% of the spec is used
everywhere, some like to complement their code base with non Java EE
technologies such as Guice or Spring, but Java EE has been extraordinarily
successful, it created an industry worth hundreds of millions of dollars and
it's still getting better and learning from its mistakes as we speak (e.g.
JPA).

Then again, that article references Holub as a source, so nobody should be
surprised it gets so many things so wrong.

--
Cédric

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 7:35 AM, Blanford <euroscript...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.sdtimes.com/content/article.aspx?ArticleID=35179&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+SdTimesLatestNews+(SD+Times+All+News)
>

> This is so true, Java EE has turned out to be little more than
> marketing hype which impressed project managers much more that
> software engineers.

Cédric