WRT video documentation - I have tried a trick that I think I learned
from one of Alistair Cockburn's books.

Give an hour-long talk on the topic (architecture, design, whatever)
to several of your target audience (other devs, customers etc) and
record it. Then have a Q&A session with the audience, also videoed.
This way your talk will be addressed to real people, and anything that
you miss and isn't obvious should be covered in questions afterwards.

I've only done this once - as the handover for a project that was
being mothballed, but it seemed to work well.

Duncan