On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Robert Casto <casto.rob...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Companies will need to decide whether being on the iPhone is worth the
> investment. Paying 30% of their in-app income will most likely eliminate all
> financial benefit to being on the iPhone

I'm not 100% sure but I thought I read that not only does Apple take 30% of
the purchase price, but they also won't allow you to sell your stuff on iOS
more expensive than other places? Is that true?

If it is, then this is what is more shocking to me, not the fact that the
are taking 30% (which is crazy high, but again, if people think it's
financially worth it, they'll go for it).

Forbidding to raise the price to compensate for the 30% does sound like the
death knell for this model.

--
Cédric