On 03/02/2011 04:54 PM, Cédric Beust ♔ wrote:
And if they don't get what they want, they will "cease Android development in favor of other more open platforms".

Clearly, as more people are involved, there are higher chances of people not liking something. To me, the Market has got some serious improvements in the past months, in particular since past Summer. I still don't know if those issues that were creating troubles to me have been fixed, as I wasn't able to pull another release, but I'm optimistic. Seriously speaking, there are no "more open platforms" (while one might like an alternative market).

Given that, it's clear that "open" is interpreted by everybody's marketing office as they like. The Market is not open by any means - not a big issue, indeed, not everything must be open, and in any case most of Google services are not open (see the search engine, for instance). But the fact that it doesn't have a public issue tracker, if true, is really a stupid thing.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."