On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 6:14 AM, Chris Koerner <chessm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.infoq.com/news/2011/03/oop-out-at-cmu

Well, that's CMU, so this should't come as a surprise :-)

Having said that, I find this disappointing. I think it's important to make
functional programming an integral part of a CS undegrad/grad course, but
replacing OO with it? This makes no sense.

Both methodologies are extremely important and they are going to be around
for decades, especially OO. OO should not be an optional class.

--
Cédric