I fell over this too. There's a nasty implicit logic error there: "most
popular language based on paradigm X is seemingly bad at Y and Z, so let's
conclude that paradigm X is 'clearly' anti-Y and anti-Z". That, and it
sounds a little too arrogant. I'm aware this might sound a little
hypocritical coming from me, but I'm not responsible for designing the CS
curriculum at a university of some renown, so there's that.