For what it's worth, I try to load all language keys at least when the class
is loaded, i.e., assigning them all to static finals, and then have a
LoadAllClassesTest that goes over the classpath and attempts to load all
classes.

Not quite the same, but probably catches most of the same bugs.  It could be
adapted to other kinds of resource, but perhaps you wouldn't want to load
all images eagerly.