Clay:

You are right. The sort numbers are wrong.

I was comparing sorting a long array with sorting an object Long.
Instead of using ParallelLongArray I was using ParallelArray with object
Long[].

Therefore, I adjusted the article number from 5-7 times faster to “almost 2
times faster.” Tymeac generally runs as well as and often faster then the
JSR166 sort on a small numbers of processors. It all comes down to the task
granularity and number of processors. The more real CPU’s to spread the
work onto, the better load balancing works.

Ed