On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 05:58:37 +0100, mP <miroslav.poko...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ive been looking at the market place and noticed most games are rather
simplistic, mostly bright colours and lots of sprites. This seems to
remind me of the Amiga with 3D etc to follow with modern PCs. ...

Correct. That's what the market asks for, indeed. 90% of those pretty smartphones and tablets are used for childish videogames and such. Some useful apps are mostly user forms for data entry, so no big deal. If you go to conferences specific about mobile development, you'll see most of people focusing on games. I've had some fun in putting (partially) a RDF store and some other fun stuff in my app, but I was sure (and I got the confirmation) that it wasn't the proper way to have success on the store: better focus on shiny stuff (BTW, I wasn't targetting to have success on the store, so that's enough - I'm happy with my 5000+ downloads so far, because I know that people using my app are appreciating the stuff inside).

The real fun stuff to me is/will be specific, industrial applications, which I see slowly emerging. I know that Tim Bray and others say that they are boring stuff, but it's a matter of taste. I don't get amused with bullshit.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."