> Well, English *is* particular superior for this task. While it is
> certainly true that English spread mainly because USA won the II World War,

The USA has certainly been instrumental in the very recent spread of
english.  Not just because of the war, but because of cultural influences
such as computers, hollywood, trade, etc.  But I'd argue that english was
spread *mainly* out of Britain, through the old empire, the commonwealth,
trade, etc.  This being the reason why it's called "English" and is even
spoken on the American continent in the first place!

As a brief timeline, just using India as one of many places outside of the
UK/US where English is widely spoken:

1607: First British colony in North America; at Jamestown, Chesapeake bay
1757: The beginning of the British colonial era in India
1776: United States declaration of independence
1939-1945: World war II
1948: Indian independence