> It'd be a punch in the face if the program also included some sort of
> statement about that with a single java client, there's no need to do
> separate versions for each OS like Google does... :)

I think, if there really were advantages to doing it in Java, Google
would've gone that route already. This smells of JNI and platform specific
code paths, even more so than Picasa, Google Earth etc. I'm afraid the Duke
is no longer capable of providing any interesting punches and I'd go as far
as to claim, Google Drive would upset its average users if it required Java.