Yup:
http://www.slideshare.net/perneto/scalaswing
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/wikla/OTS/Sisalto/examples/html/ch32.html

Or better still, there's another exciting new paradigm on the horizon:
http://lampwww.epfl.ch/~imaier/pub/DeprecatingObserversTR2010.pdf

On 2 May 2012 16:04, Fabrizio Giudici <fabrizio.giud...@tidalwave.it> wrote:

> On Wed, 02 May 2012 16:51:02 +0200, phil swenson <phil.swen...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>  I'd like to know what does he mean with "no events".
>>>>

>> in Delphi you could do stuff like:
>>
>> sendButton.onClick = ClickHandlerMethod
>>

>> I don't even want to think about what the equivalent is in Java.
>>
>> Basically, you need function pointers.
>>

> So, it's not events but first class functions and it's not a Swing
> problem, but a Java problem. In Groovy or Scala with Swing you can do that.
>

> --
> Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
> Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."
> fabrizio.giud...@tidalwave.it
> http://tidalwave.it - http://fabriziogiudici.it

Kevin Wright
mail: kevin.wri...@scalatechnology.com
gtalk / msn : kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com
quora: http://www.quora.com/Kevin-Wright
google+: http://gplus.to/thecoda
<kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com>
twitter: @thecoda
vibe / skype: kev.lee.wright
steam: kev_lee_wright

"My point today is that, if we wish to count lines of code, we should not
regard them as "lines produced" but as "lines spent": the current
conventional wisdom is so foolish as to book that count on the wrong side
of the ledger" ~ Dijkstra