> I share the sentiment of the Java Posse. I'm not interested in .NET, I
> only run Windows on a VM when I need to test software for that platform,
> and most of the business of the company that I work for is based on the
> Java platform along with some C, .NET has absolutely nothing to offer for
> us (we produce cross platform open source geospatial server software). I
> realize that there might be others who want to hear more about .NET, which
> is fine, and thankfully there are other resources to get that information.

Nobody is asking to hear more about .NET though, that's not the issue at
all - it's funny how things tend to warp from correcting misinformation
(Mono is not deprecated, SUSE doesn't sponsor Mono and Xamarin is not going
anywhere), to hating Java and now apparently wanting more .NET
coverage?! If the Java Posse is not interested, then simply don't report on
it - but if you do, expect to be called out on slandering and
misinformation.