The JSR was twice rejected for technical reasons, including the use of the
javax.measurement namespace.  The leader of the JSR (JScience author)
considers the JSR dead that last I heard.

I use JScience in production, and have built extensions to it's spatial
conversions.  I find it to be a very good library and would recommend it.

Regards,