On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 9:21 AM, clay <claytonw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Today, JVM programmers are  highly divided.

I'm not sure about that. Sure, if you read this mailing-list and you go to
conferences, it's very easy to get this impression because the community
you belong to is, by definition, made of seekers and curious professionals
who live on the bleeding edge of their profession. It's a text book example
of sample bias.

Step outside of this community and ask random Java developers what they
think of JVM languages besides Java and most of them have hardly heard of
Scala, much less taken a look at it. I bet they will also think that Java
is a great language and much more fun to work in than C++ was, which is all
they care about (and honestly, I can't blame anyone with this line of
thought).

--
Cédric