Just finished listening to #397; and the discussion around raisable desks
in the latest episode, spurred my curiousity.

When I worked in Canada some years ago, to my surprise, I noticed no-one
were using raisable desks in the office - something I was accustomed to
from working in Scandinavia since the year 2000 or so. Shopping around in
Staples etc. did not reveal anything either, so I eventually had to gave up
on this quest. My conclusion then was that perhaps weak unions and/or
relaxed employer standards meant ergonomics were seen as a luxury item
rather than an investment into HR.

This now seems to be a demographic/cultural issue, good to hear about
better ergonomic conditions for developers all over.

/Casper

PS: (n-1)!