On Wednesday, 31 October 2012 16:48:22 UTC, rakesh mailgroups  wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I remember a few years ago when Eric Evan's book came out and everyone was
> raving about it.
>

> A little while later, I think there was a backlash since the fundamental
> misunderstanding was that the ideas being expressed were about analysis not
> implementation - because the vast majority of people who loved the book were
> developers and used it as a blueprint for writing classes.
>

> The reason I ask is that I have been involved in debates about application
> partitioning of my app and DDD was mentioned.
>

> I just can't remember what the latest status was.
>

> Rakesh

Domain Driven Design is alive and well.  A quick Google will lead you to the
yahoo newsgroup Where the experts hang out and participate in some insightful
conversations.
I'm not sure what the view of the wider community is' but I think DDD has it's
place in the design of large multi context systems such as those you find in
the enterprise. One opinion that i've formed is that DDD is not necessary, and
too heavy weight, for single purpose web applications which have minimal
external interactions or dependencies.
There are certainly concepts within DDD which i'd consider general purpose
design best practices, such as ubiquitous language, so knowledge of DDD is
desirable for anyone seeking to be a well rounded developer.
 Would be interesting to hear if others have found DDD useful.