Hi,

If there's a feedback thread, please refer (and accept apologies).

First - this podcast is amazing! Always interesting and inspiring. Thank
you very much for making the long journeys eaiser.

And now to my thoughts about the conversation y'all had in the Roundup
about tough problems:

I think it is fair to say that the vast majority of developers feel like
manuals and instructions are redundant and made for beginners ("which I am
CLEARLY not"). I will take Bruce's story as an example, because it's
classic: You're a web developer, you can do CSS and JavaScript (or at least
read) in your sleep - it's your second language; suddenly, for no apparent
reason, is all goes haywire! so you sit for an hour/night/day/week, and
you're sure you covered all angles. But you just can't get your head around
it - why won't it play nice??? you know how it's supposed to work, a web
page is a web page, a browser is a browser, and it just doesn't fit!
So yes, the outsider will say RTFM, and maybe rightfully so, but it just
doesn't make sense! and this is your hometown, you shouldn't be opening a
map to get home!

Second thought - walking away from the screen does magic. So many problems
were solved by just getting in the car to drive home, or walking the dog.
Just get out of the woods and think about the forest. Amazing what that
does.

Best,

Yishai