On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 21:46:16 +0100, clay <claytonw...@gmail.com> wrote:

- My employer will likely not approve any JDK 8 work for three years or so.

... which is perhaps one reason for which there's not much excitement in some people. I'd personally be tempted to start playing with it, but at the moment it would be a waste of time for me. I'm only using it for JavaFX 2 (there are lots of improvements in this area) and it's the only thing that could *perhaps* convince some customer to move to JDK 8 within the year.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect @ Tidalwave s.a.s.
"We make Java work. Everywhere."