-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of joanne
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2006 7:31 PM
To: jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] freedom wanting me to renew SMA NOW?

I just wondered if this has happened to anyone else who may be on their last
Jaws upgrade.  I'm a little disturbed and have definitely written to the
info email address they gave.  Jaws 8 is my last upgrade and they're saying
I need to upgrade my SMA by end of December at the special price.  I have
never heard of Freedom Scientific asking this, because by upgrading now and
paying them I'm paying way ahead for, say, Jaws 9 or whatever the next major
upgrade is called.  The letter was in Braille but the "enclosed form" they
referred me to wasn't.  Aren't we supposed to wait until the next upgrade
actually comes out before we pay for it?  I find it odd they're asking me to
upgrade now, several months before the next major upgrade.  Just wondered if
this is their new practice or if I'm misunderstanding something.

9:39 PM